Monday, February 1, 2016

"Solid Hit!" - US Infantry

After putting up all those Soviet pictures I noticed that I never put up the final pictures of my painted US Army releases way back in September 2015.

I painted them in a little of a rush, trying to finish suitable figures for presentation at the model expo in Mainz. At the expo I didn´t take good pictures as the light inside the hall was horrid - someone forgot to remove the top cover on our half of the expo hall, which blocked all daylight. Left with fuzzy artificial light, I didn´t have the opportunity to take good photos.
Returning from that event exhausted and a little disapointed I put the box of minis into my storage and never got around to take good photos here as well.

Now I finally pulled them back out and took nice pictures, here we are:




You can still see that the paintjob was a little rushed when you take a closer look at the bases, but overall I´m quite happy with the final look - especially considering that MultiCam/OCP pattern is never easy.


1 comment:

  1. Damn, that Multicam pattern looks fantastic! I thought I'd done a good job, but that really looks great. Seeing this makes me think I put too much medium green in mine, should have stuck with the olive drab.

    And I sympathize about getting good light for photos.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete